Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A break

And another delay... I hate delays!

So, cycling on my way to buy more of those little rubber gloves so I could put the last coat of paint in the forepeak (I'm a messy painter), I hit a pot-hole and went arse over tit. A broken thumb, fractured rib and a whole lot less skin was the happy result. I'll be hanging around Sydney now for the next month having pins put in, then taken out of my thumb. If I'm not ready to leave then, I vow here that I'll sell Old K and buy myself a farm.

1 comment:

Douglas Robertson said...

Hi David,

I find it very curious that you should encounter such a drastic delay so soon after renaming your boat. Maybe the Phoenician Gods are trying to hasten your trip to hell ;-)

If it's any consolation, the old "renaming of a boat" myth is one reason I am seriously considering buying a new boat. Silly. Huh?

Get well soon!